Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pretty & Polished: True Blue Duo!

Good Afternoon lovely readers! 
I am a few days late, but as promised, here is a look at some new beautiful polishes from Pretty & Polished!

I ordered the True Blue Duo, which is available now in her shop, and a mini of Hameau, one of the polishes in the upcoming "Save the Dauphine Collection" to be released on January 16th, 2013. I will share with you photos of Hameau in my next post, due by tomorrow the latest ;) Pinky Swear!

Pleasantly tucked in with my order was one of her very own nail files! If you haven't looked at the shop recently, you really should! There is so much more than polish that is slowly coming into the shop, like cuticle balms, hair accessories, jewelry, and soon makeup! I can't wait to try more items!

The True Blue Duo is beautiful alone as separate polishes, or paired together. Completing the duo is a deep blue scattered holographic jelly, and a gorgeous blue glitter topper. 


First, the blue holo jelly. Called "Sea Spray."

When I first laid eyes on it, to be honest, I thought of the new Picture Polish "Cosmos"- with such a beautiful navy blue base color and such gorgeous sparkle, how could I not? But honestly, after putting this on my nails, I haven't even given that other polish a second thought and removed it from my wishlist. 

Sea Spray applied SUPER easy- this is roughly 2 coats, topped with Hong Kong Girl fast dry topcoat.
The next set of photos are all taken in early morning direct sunlight- no editing outside of adding my name to them was done.
Depending on the light hitting it, it looks deep navy, or a bright almost neon navy blue <3
And just LOOK at that rainbow holo sparkle throughout!!
 I hit my ring finger as an accent nail with one coat of the glitter topper to shake things up a bit ;)



Next, the glitter topper! Called "Bubbles."
This glitter is packed full of different shades and shapes of blue and iridescent glitters. 
Honestly, because of the gorgeous combination, and all the sparkly goodness from both glitter and holo base, I had trouble capturing the true beauty of this combo in true daylight. 
The next set of photos are also all taken in early morning direct sunlight- no editing outside of adding my name to them was done.


 They might be a bit blurred, but you can really see how they sparkle and shine together and it really catches the eye! I wore my nails like this for 5 days because I loved it so very much!!


These last photos I took under lamplight, showing you the indoors light and how the nails still are gorgeous!


The Blue Jelly holo certainly looks less vibrant in its holo-goodness, but it becomes this magnificent navy blue with a shimmer that makes me think of ballroom dresses and fancy evenings. Can't explain it any other way ;)

I hope you have enjoyed ogling these pretties as much as I enjoyed wearing them! 

Please check out the shop to purchase your own today! While you're there, if you spot any holiday ones you like, you can still get an extra 30% off them by using the code: "Xmas30"
Happy Shopping!

http://www.shopprettyandpolished.com/

xo,
Tomboy Nails // Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment